Our Eligibility Criteria
You may only use our Subscription Services as a Main Driver, if:
- you are at least 25 years of age (except our Polestar & Tesla models when you must be 30+);
- you meet the driving licence conditions set out below;
- you live in in the UK;
- you have registered for an account on our website (Elmo Account);
- you have passed our identity and credit checks and have been approved by the elmo team; and
- you have entered into a Vehicle Hire Contract with us.
Driving licence conditions
You may only use our Subscription Services, if and for as long as you meet the following conditions:
- you have held a full, valid, UK/EU driving licence in the driving category permitting you to drive the Vehicle;
- you have held a full UK/EU driving licence for at least 3 years (5 years for Tesla and Polestar models) prior to the start of the Subscription Agreement;
- you have been a resident in the UK for the last 2 years; and
- Your address as stated on your elmo account is your primary address and will be the primary address where the vehicle will be kept for the duration of your subscription;
- you have not been involved in more than 1 at-fault insurance claim within the last 3 years;
- you have not been disqualified from driving within the last 3 years;
- there are no endorsements on your driving licence that, in our sole opinion, make you unsuitable to use, or continue to use our Subscription Services. These may include, but are not limited to: motoring convictions for dangerous driving, drink driving, drug driving, or failure to report an accident; and motoring offences that result in a disqualification from driving;
- you have no criminal convictions and have not been charged with a criminal offence but not yet been tried;
- you have not had any insurance declined, and/or renewal refused and/or insurance cover cancelled by any motor insurer; and
- you are not engaged in the following occupations:
i. professional sportsmen or sportswoman; or
ii. the entertainment or theatrical professions; or
iii. racing or gambling.
You must notify us immediately if, at any time between placing your initial order for the Subscription Services and the end of the Hire Period, you cease to hold the required driving licence, or any new endorsements are recorded against your driving licence. If you cease to hold the required driving licence, or if, in our opinion a driving licence endorsement makes you unsuitable to continue to use our Subscription Services, we will have the right to terminate the Subscription Agreement in accordance with clause 26.3 (We may end this contract if you break it) of our General Terms.
Eligibility for Named Drivers
Each Named Driver must meet the following eligibility criteria to be permitted to drive the Vehicle in accordance with the Subscription Agreement:
- be at least 25 years of age (or 30 for Tesla and Polestar); and
- meet the same the driving licence conditions as those set out in respect of the Main driver above.
You must notify us immediately if, at any time between placing your initial order for the Subscription Services and the end of the Hire Period, any Named Driver ceases to hold the required driving licence, or any new endorsements are recorded against their driving licence. If they cease to hold the required driving licence, or if, in our opinion a driving licence endorsement makes them unsuitable to continue to be permitted to drive the Vehicle, the Subscription Agreement will remain in force, but that Named Driver will no longer be permitted to drive the Vehicle.